Mark is scheduled to go into the OHSU hospital March 30 for the 3-4 week bone marrow transplant procedure (BMT). Prior to that, here's the game plan:
- Feb 22 LAST day of radiation treatment!
- Feb 26-28 Mark and I go to the Oregon coast for a 3 day get-away!
- Mar 3 2 hour class on BMT for patients and caregivers
- Mar 5 PET Scan
- Mar 10 Appt w/ Dr. Maziarz (BMT specialist)
- Mar 11 Muga (heart) scan and Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
- Mar 12 Start 5 days of Neupogen shots to stimulate bone marrow stem cell production
- Mar 15 Blood test to check stem cell production
- Mar 16-17 Collection of stem cells
- Mar 23 Grinnell College Singers in Portland during NW tour; Kelly and friends staying with us!
- Mar 30 Mark checks in to OHSU
Somewhere during March Mark also has to have a bone marrow sample taken (ouch).
While Mark completes his last few radiation treatments, I am stealing away for a quick visit with Kelly and Claire. I fly to Minneapolis Wed. to spend 2 nights at Carleton, and then Claire and I drive about 4 hours south to spend 2 nights with Kelly in Grinnell, Iowa. I am packing plenty of outerwear in preparation for frigid temperatures, in contrast to Portland, where the crocus and daffodils are blooming!