Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day + 12 - I Shall Be Released...



I met with the doctor this morning, and, apparently, I shall be released....

... (wait for it)

.... any day now, like possibly as soon as TOMORROW - Sunday, Day +13!!

This is amazing news. My counts have continued to climb - doubling every day - so that I will likely be at the threshold for release tomorrow! I'll know first thing in the morning if I'm headed for release.

My daughter Kelly has been here since Thursday to visit me and support Julie on the home front. We've been playing lots of songs - in keeping with my musical life flashing before my eyes - and it totally cracked me up when she came up with I shall be released this evening.

Kelly also helped me transition into total cue ball plumage today by shearing what was left of my hair at the hospital today:




Today @ home:

In preparation for my return, Julie organized a work party at home to do a complete - literally ceiling to floor - cleaning of our house. So while I was lounging around in my sterile space up here on the hill, this intrepid group spent the morning preparing my next "bubble" to be a safe environment for my baby immune system to grow strong.


Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone who participated today! I am so grateful for your outstanding efforts. I don't know what to say. You are truly my angels, and I can't thank you enough.

2 comments:

  1. Mark you are setting records: Nobody does it better!

    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/576742272168566681&ei=41fUS6vRBMKqlAee2IjtDA&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAoQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNEI0LV5euvIzhoIZ3bwCJZaYjN67Q

    happy travels!

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the cleanest house I've ever cleaned. Hope it was a fitting welcome home!

    ReplyDelete